Saturday 18th JUne 2011

The great American poet Walt Whitman writes in Leaves of Grass: "All comes by the body, only health puts you rapport with the universe." I am sure you are all very busy, but I hope you will advance in good health and with optimism and enjoy the power of your faith, which is what puts you in rhythm with the universe.
Daisaku Ikeda



Today is one of those days that I don't especially feel in rythm with the universe, or come to that, with myself which I guess is the same thing. Saturday mornings are a time when I often let things drift. I lie in bed not really doing anything constructive. It's now just after 1pm and I still haven't done morning gongyo which probably explains why I feel like this.

So I guess the answer really does lie in the piece above where Daisaku Ikeda talks about the 'power of your faith' .... well faith in Buddhism is not like faith in some other religions where basically you leave everything to a deity. In Buddhism you have to create the good fortune yourself.

So, with that in mind, just a quick tidy up then I'm going to do gongyo and get my ass in rythm with the universe once more!